Friday, November 18, 2011

How can I transfer raw footage of a wedding from a DVD to my computer for editing?

I have a friend who has the raw footage of his wedding in MiniDV's and the other part is raw footage too but in a DVD or disc, not sure. My question is how can I transfer the DVD content into my computer for editing? . I am planning to do it iMovie06. Any suggestions?

How can I transfer raw footage of a wedding from a DVD to my computer for editing?
Firewire for the footage on miniDV tape.





If the other footage is on a DVD, just do a rip of the files to your hard drive.
Reply:Not sure what formats that iMovie takes. However, DVD is MPEG-2 and its not the best format for editing. Typically, you should convert the MPEG-2 files from the DVD to a DV-AVI format and then go ahead.





Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment